Sunday, November 8, 2009

SYDNEY part deuce

I have been busy. You know, getting off and on the ship, eating, having guys take care of cleaning my bathroom and making my bed, you know the drill (if you've cruised before).
Anyway, as I mentioned, my camera is having issues downloading photos, so many of the pictures I took may have to be posted later. I am able to get some of the pictures off of mom's camera, but TK isn't in (many) of those photos, but of course, you'll get the idea of all the fun we were having.
On our second day in Sydney, we hopped a bus and went on a full day tour to the Blue Mountains. This is the equivalent to our Grand Canyon, but to me it was a bit more like Bryce Canyon or even Zion's.
It is about an hour and a half drive, but we made a stop on the way to take a look at Olympic Park.
We also stopped at this little artsy town for lunch at one of the cafes and shopping if we so desired. It was really quaint.
I will put some of the photos and give explanations (and don't miss Tiny Kona too much - she was there and having a marvelous time!) Olympic Village area

Echo Canyon, Blue Mountains
Beautiful
Above is the Olympic stadium for the 2000 summer olympics. too bad you can't see some of the cool details. the whole area was full of interesting structures, fountains and building. way awesome light structures commemorating all previous olympics.
Beautiful shot of part of the Blue Mountains, Echo Canyon area below
more views



This is called 'THREE SISTERS'. there's an aborigine legend about these rocks.




This train went almost straight down. It's the steepest tracks in the world and is pretty much like a roller coaster! This is what was used for the miners originally.






Part of the old mine at the bottom of the valley.

I will do another post with more pictures later...
TINY KONA'S TRUISM of the Day... hang on to your hats! that's one steep railroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment