Sunday, October 4, 2009

SHIPBOARD TALENT

If you've ever been on a cruise, you know that one of the best things is the live entertainmentevery night. If the first few days are any indication, this voyage is going to be full of laugh out loud comedy and sing along music.I will tell you about a couple of them so you can get an idea. Tiny Kona was lucky enough to get her picture taken with the 'talent'. (She is talented in her own right and is getting plenty of attention of her own on this ship, by the way!)
The guy on the right is named Woody Pittman.He was a comic magician (Heath, you would LOVE this guy!). He was SO funny I could hardly STAND IT! He told me he has some stuff on YOUTUBE, so if you need a laugh, I suggest you check him out! Really, my cheeks were sore from laughing.
The guy on the left is named Emile Pandolfi. He played the piano and did some comic stuff along with it. I can do the man no justice by describing his talents. I bet you can google him and find out stuff, but the coolest thing was when I asked him if he knew of the opening ceremonies of the 1984 Olympics in L.A. and how all the people were playing 'Rhapsody in Blue' on white grand pianos, wearing white tuxedos with tails. His reply to me...he was one of the 4 pianists that were actually heard on TV. (logistically they had to only use those 4 pianos for broadcast purposes). Anyway, I thought it was SO cool. We bought some of his CDs and have since learned what a talented guy we got to know for a few days. Both of these gentlemen got off the ship in L.A. Too bad for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment