Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ENTERTAINMENT PT II


Please indulge me as I go on and on about the entertainment we are enjoying on our sea days. The other night we had a guy named Jeff Trachta do an unbelievable show. Remember his name (or you may know it already), because he is a multi-talented STAR and maybe you can tell everyone that Tiny Kona knows him! He has had a long career in soap operas (namely the Bold & theBeautiful), but his acting abilities are only the tip of the iceberg. He also sings, is a comic and does zillions of impressions. He had a segement in his show where he did a bunch of cartoon character impressions, and when he said 'what the deuce?!', I almost fell out of my chair! (All you fans of Family Guy will get this). The real thrill about the show, for me at least, was that I even got to be a part of it! Yes, I got to do a little dance with Jeff and he gave me a DVD and an autographed picture! Hmmm, poor Tiny Kona was in her cabin and missed the whole thing! But I had fun with my 84 seconds of fame! haha


Anyway, here's the 'specialness' about this post - today - because it's Jeff's BIRTHDAY! If you are facebookers, I think you should just give him a shout out - then, if anyone doesn't know who he is, they can google him and find out! So, JEFF,have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Another exciting moment, about 10 pm last night, was crossing the equator. They didn't make a big deal about it because when we cross back next month, they will do the ceremony then. Here's a funny story about our crossing tonight, though. Our little group was in one of the lounges, and we knew it was around the time we were supposed to cross and I felt a big 'bump' (sometimes it feels that way on the ship), and I said to my gang, "did you feel that bump?" and they reply that they felt it. So I say "that was the equator" (which gets a little chuckle), but then Jim (one of our dinner table mates - and newfound friend) says "and I always thought that was just a line on the map!" Thanks for the laugh, Jim! (and I am certain there will be more of his quips quoted here in the future!)
Things are great on the ship. I will be posting more about the awesome entertainment and life aboard the Amsterdam. We will be in the Marqueses soon, so get ready for some AWESOME reports and pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Hi allison, This is your cousin Phil White writing you from CA. Wish I had known you were in Long Beach,; would have seen you off.
    Email me at pwhite3@calstatela.edu
    I've talked with Steve and Chris and they mentioned to me you were crusin' and with your mom. Tell here hello. I've got some exciting news, but that would spoil this cool blog. Write back soon, and have a nice tour de-world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a fun time! Yay! Love the updates and pictures :)

    ReplyDelete