Friday, February 12, 2010

Extreme Meeting!

MICHAEL MALONEY and PAIGE HEMMIS with Tiny Kona at LAX.
(she was a little star struck!)

Here's to some BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

I just HAD to get this post out, although nothing is in order any more...
Sorry, it's taken me some (seriously LOOONG) weeks to get back to you! I will catch you up a bit more later with what is going on, but I finally got a card reader and have my photos at my fingertips!

Here's the story.
The ship arrived at Long Beach about 7 a.m. on the 2nd of December. We glided into the berth and after getting very little sleep, I had breakfast and got all my stuff together to get off the ship (and there is ANOTHER post to tell you about WHY I was up all night...it's pretty EXCITING!).
Mom and I had transfers to the airport, but we ended up having to get on different busses because we were flying out from different terminals. Because of that, I didn't get to properly say bye to mom, so I told her I would come to her terminal after I checked in since my flight was a couple hours after hers.
I ended up checking in (thanks Southwest airlines, for flying 2 bags for FREE!) and rushed over to the terminal where mom was departing from. I was walking toward the security area past the check-in gates when lo and behold, I spied some CELEBRITIES! It was none other than Michael Maloney and Paige Hemmis from Etreme Makeover: Home Edition!

Of course, being at LAX, it was probably inevitable I would spy SOMEONE cool, but no matter, I spied these two beautiful people and just HAD to stop and introduce myself!!

I was talking a mile a minute (surprised?!) and they were both EXTREMELY nice and affable and seemed genuinely interested in my stories and even were kind enough to get their picture taken with Tiny Kona! (they actually even ASKED if they could get their photo taken with her and were glad to give me permission to use their likeness on my blog - woohoo!)

I promise to be back soon with more ports of call and other tales or random people stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment