Wednesday, October 21, 2009

THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT PT III

As I mentioned in a couple of earlier posts, the entertainment has been, well, very entertaining! Here's a quick synopsis of some of my favorites.


Joe Yannetty, comic extraordinaire. One of the funniest guys around, so quick and if you can picture this Boston-raised Italian, with his accent and attitude, it's only the beginning of his talent. Thanks for making me laugh so hard that my mouth hurt, Joe! (and sorry for the fuzzy photo)


Rebecca and Kuba, she sings, he plays. These two perfomers actually just got married. They met on a cruise ship! Rebecca has played the lead role in a touring 'Evita' production and has a voice that just won't quit. Kuba is originally from Poland, a clasically trained musician, which was a great jumping off point for his diverse repitoie of musical instruments. The main thing he played for us, however, was the vibraphone (the electronic big brother to the mirimba). They had a great chemistry together and were quite entertaining.


Tom Sutton, British comedian. Tom had a clever wit, and guess what - he's from Liverpool!


Jeff Nease, comedian. Hilarious, goofy and fun, Jeff has great insight on many subjects, and with audience participation, he really kept us in stitches.


Bernie Fields, harmonica virtuoso. This guy has perfected harmonica playing. He has done tons of movies, tv and other recordings. I'm sure you've heard him somewhere! Very pleasant to listen to. (and TK pretended to be a harmonica!)


Miroslaw Galczynski, MalletKat musician. What is a MalletKat, you ask? Pretty much like the vibraphone mentioned above. Funny, too, that Miroslav also hails from Poland. He also played the piano beautifully.


The Beatles Celebration, needs no explaining. These guys are all really and truly, from Liverpool! Luckily I got to see their performances more than once. Quite the talented quartet, I couldn't have enjoyed their shows more. (Paul, George holding TK, John and Ringo)


TINY KONA'S TRUISM of the day...We all live in a yellow submarine





























2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh I am so jealous!!! I wish I was with you! Everything is so beautiful. I miss Maui so much! I miss you. I am so glad you are having such a great time. Can't wait to see more pics.
    marlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me you didn't fake a British accent. Allison????

    ReplyDelete