Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tiny Kona in Astoria

Ok friends... I am still trying to figure this blogging thing out - so please be patient with me. The pictures were posted with no commentary, so I will provide that right now!
We took a little detour, Tiny Kona and I, to the cute little town of Astoria, Oregon, to visit Jill and Jocelyn (daughter and grand daughter) for a few days.
Here is a quick summary of the pictures...
Tiny Kona and I climbed to the top of the Astoria Column, so she posed in front of the HUGE bridge that crosses the Columbia River. I think there were 110 steps to the top of the column and the views were incredible! That is Washington, just over the bridge.
The column is very interesting, with stories of explorers and facts and dates swirling around the outside, all the way to the top. The 2nd picture is taken from the bottom looking up at the column. You should Wikipedia it!
Being near the water, we made sure to have some tasty fish and chips, right off the boat! This little dive served up food from the old boat called the 'bowpicker' that is now a restaurant, now just sitting in a lot. It was yummy.
Since the ocean is so close, we went over to the coast, to 'Shipwreck Beach' and took a picture of TK in front of the rusted out hull of an unfortunate vessell.... doesn't look ANYTHING like the ship I'm on!
It was a great 3 days in Oregon! It is so beautiful there. I advise ALL to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment